Friday, August 29, 2008

Floral Reflections (8"x11")

Again, I am not satisfied that I captured the reflections accurately in this lovely piece of pottery. However, as Jane Fonda says "good enough is good enough". I don't often quote her but... I'll make an exception today. "Perfection is overrated" she says - and I believe her. I like to think of myself as a recovering perfectionist... you could even say I have an entry level position as a recovering perfectionist some days, lol. I like the yellow flowers on the right hand side... they're pretty loose... just as I tried to be throughout this painting. I'm still tighter than I'd like. I'm giving myself as much time as I want to preparation but maximum 1 hour on painting. I hope this will loosen me up.

What I want you to see in this painting are the reflections of the purple and yellow flowers on the surface of the dish AND the lovely, sparkly lights that the bottom of the dish is throwing onto the table cloth. This candy dish is turning into a real fun toy... enjoy!
Retweet this

1 comment:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

A recovering perfectionist. I love it.
Artists are so self critical.
I like your paintings and your exhuberence.