Monday, August 11, 2008

Sheep River Falls (6"x6")

Ron and I visited Sheep River Falls on August 2 during the golden hour - what an amazing view. The western sun, still warm amazingly, was catching the tops of the largest trees across the river. It was gloriously beautiful. I hope to revisit this site and do some plein air painting... maybe even yet this summer.
For those of you that are purists, I intentionally left out the little tree that currently grows out over the view - artistic license, etc. I'm sure it was like this at some point... and I like it better without that little scrubber getting in the way of the falls. Another time I might make it all about that little tree, but not today.
Views like this abound in the Canadian Rockies and in Kananaskis Country where this scene is found. I'm living 45 miles from this view and I've just seen it for the first time. Both Ron and I vowed we'd get out more - he with his camera and I with my paints. Enjoy! Retweet this

1 comment:

Todd Bonita said...

Hi Cheryl,

The work is looking as good as ever..your consistency is paying off as far as I can see..good for you. I wanted to tell you that a friend of mine read your post on my blog and noted your interest in painting glass. he sent me an email inviting you to contact him and that maybe he would hook you up with some of his collection..he has buckets from his 15 year collection of New England sea glass. Shot me an email at my regular e address: tmbonita@gmail.com and I will forward you his email and address.
All the best,
Todd