Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Canyon sketch


I did this desert sketch today based on a photo I liked in a mag. I needed to get myself painting again, and to familiarize myself with my new Caran d'ache water soluble crayons. It was fun and effective except where I struggled with value in the spots I didn't use the black.
Hopefully I'll have more painting time tomorrow. I'm enjoying Arizona very much - we've had a wonderful time visiting and celebrating birthdays. The weather has been beautiful but it's SO hot for April. Tomorrow we'll get up early and take advantage of the cooler morning temperature. Ron will hit some balls and I'll play with my watercolors.
Retweet this

1 comment:

Another Q said...

I love the red rock scenery in some of Arizona's wonderland. You captured it beautifully in your art.