Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Altered book – Heidi’s last spread

It’s been a long time since I posted on my blog…  too long.  But, I’ve made a lot of progress with preparation for the Dec 5/6 Market Collective.  More on that soon.

This evening Sharon, Lindsey, Sheila, Heidi and I met for a little windup party for our altered book collaboration.  It was so much fun to pass the books around and talk over the various methods used.  What a talented bunch of friends I have! 

Heidi spread 3Here’s the last installment for Heidi’s book.  The hospitalitea theme was such fun to work on!  This is a simple spread which began with black gesso over all but the animal parade at the top and the small teapot still life in the bottom right.  To that I collaged a photo of one of my paintings before rolling some whitish/yellowish paint over a letter stencil to add some texture.  Some old scrapbooking stickers  and some collage bits from tissue paper [the kids are cute!] followed. 

Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends and family in the USA!

Retweet this

No comments: