Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Misty Mountain Morning [17 1/2” x 13 1/5” acrylic on Canson watercolor board]

misty mountain morning

I puttered on this painting a bit yesterday and again today and I think I have the feeling I was looking for at the beginning.  There really is no end to what can be done with acrylics! Taking things out and putting things in is far easier than it is with watercolor.  But, I’ve taken this as far as I can right now.  I’ll live with it a bit before I decide whether I need to do anything further. 

I am now into the “guilt free zone” with acrylics…  no more watercolor purist for me!  I’ll use whatever works to get the job done.  Sometimes that will be watercolor, sometimes acrylic, sometimes mixed media…  On Monday I had my second mixed media class of the fall.  We’re spending a few weeks on acrylic techniques before moving on.  Fun times!

I spent most of today updating my inventory log and measuring paintings in preparation for mats and/or frames. I have 40+ paintings that I’m finally getting ready to sell.  I will post them all here soon and you can have first dibs on them.  Cheers!

Retweet this

1 comment:

Linda Wilder Expressions said...

Hi Cheryl, thanks for your comments and it was nice to meet you as well. I'm adding your link to my blog would you like to do the same? Hopefully see you soon
Linda