Thursday, July 1, 2010

Sheep River Rock Face [14”x11” acrylic on canvas]

Sheep river rock faceThis painting has quite a bit of texture.  I spread coarse and fine pumice gel over the bottom 2/3 of the surface before painting.  Then, when I began painting I dropped shavings [acrylic scraped up off my glass palette] into the the first wash.  The pumice gel is absorbent so it’s interesting to see what happens with the washes.  I attempted to capture the variety of colors and textures on the rocks…  will repost when this is complete.  Cheers!

Retweet this

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very nice colors. Would love to see the texture "in person". I haven't tried pumice gel yet, but have a sample jar and should get it out. Thanks for sharing your work in progress. It will be fun to see the final product, which I know will be lovely.