Monday, August 16, 2010

Homeward Bound [watercolor & Caran D’Ache, 12”x9”]

IMG_0190

Some folks down the way have a little sailboat and they were out on the water yesterday.  The colors, both on the sail and in the reflections, were calling my name.  I’m not too happy with the water on this painting but I like how the figures turned out…  simple shapes yet I got the suggestion of the strong sun on them. 

Ron and I celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary with a lovely dinner at Table 24 in Salmon Arm tonight.  I can highly recommend the current 3 course salmon dinner – very yummy!  Awesome local fruit dessert.  Get there soon if you’re going because they change the menu often.  Ron’s steak and potatoes were good but “creative food” [like the yummy bruscetta we shared] is kind of wasted on him ;-)  While we dined we did a little reminiscing on the highlights of our 35 years…  very nice! 

Enjoy!

Retweet this

No comments: