Sunday, November 28, 2010

I Don’t Think She Likes Me (acrylic, 11”x15”)

I don't think she likes meHow wonderful it is to putter on a happy subject when I’m feeling down.  That’s what I did today and presto chango – the happiness of the subject & the bright colors lifted my spirits.  It might be temporary but it all helps, right?  

For those of you that are interested, the photo below was the state of the painting after the first painting session a few days ago.  I kept only the three main sunflowers and noted that the two smaller ones seem a bit in awe of the “big girl”.  They appear to be leaning towards each other and whispering.  So, now you know the crazy things that are running around inside my head, haha!  I quite enjoyed working the background transparently, then translucently and finally, in the upper right corner, opaquely. 

I don't think she likes me WIP Thanks for viewing & have a great week!

Retweet this

No comments: