Thursday, November 4, 2010

Starts, ideas, and planning…

Today I planned, puttered, and started a few pieces - two starts on watercolor paper, two on canvas, and one on baltic birch.  All but one of these starts is going to be worked abstractly at first.  I have precious few concrete ideas so working this way seems logical.  Somehow it seems “right” that I am working my way from chaos through to concrete – it mirrors life.  Life is messy, art reflects life.  The process of allowing myself to work creatively within the chaos is somehow rewarding for me…  So, we shall see how these work out over the next few days and weeks.

Three of the starts are shown below…  the color choices are deliberate…  green reminds me of life and peace, yellow represents hope.  Ciao!

IMG_0036 IMG_0032 IMG_0035

Retweet this

No comments: