Friday, March 25, 2011

Falls [acrylic, 11"x14"]


I'm in beautiful British Columbia, more specifically, Fairmont Hot Springs.  I brought this along to putter on and I finally had the right palette to do that today so I took a rest from collage and began fiddling with the bottom right where I had added some texture with plastic wrap.  I started to paint into that area and immediately began to see water trickling between the "rocks".  Never argue with a painting when it's trying to tell you what it wants to be when it grows up!  Consequently, I added a waterfall to the top of the piece.  It's too early to tell whether it will even be a painting when and if it grows up but...  it was fun.  Hopefully by tomorrow I'll know where to go from here.  We're off to the springs for a therapeutic soak.....  enjoy! Retweet this

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The stylization of the waterfall is cool, all wavey and s-shapes, and range of lights and shade really makes a focus on the falls themselves falls. Well thought out.