Sunday, March 6, 2011

Stamp, stamp, stamp

But to do that you need….  well, LOTS of stamps.  I’ve been hankering after a paisley stamp and I wanted a big one.  I found a 12”x12” carving block last week and I had fun doodling and then carving this up.  It takes a while but it’s so worth the work to have your own, 100% unique, tool.  I have several hand carved stamps and I estimate that I use them 10x more often than the prefab’d ones I have.  Besides, it’s a great feeling to cut into that block…  good for the mental health sometimes ;-)  Here’s my new stamp and the first collage paper made with it…

DSCN4171DSCN4173 Have a great weekend folks!

Retweet this

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I noticed you like art and thought you might like my new art blog.. i post a new famous painting daily, thanks =)