Thursday, July 10, 2008

Chippy Waiting 6"x8"

Today I'm posting a page from a sketch journal that I've been puttering in this summer. In June we sat out on my veranda with the dogs - our two are Kassie 14 yoa and Farley 3 yoa, plus Kim's dog Chippit 4 yoa. On this particular day, Chippy was watching and waiting for Kim to return. He was patiently waiting on the love seat and I quickly drew this up with my trusty sharpie and added some watercolor later. I think I captured his "slumped" mood.
I have some very exciting news to share. I had a call from Artpoint Gallery this afternoon and they have accepted three of my paintings for the "Unseen Art Exhibition" which runs this August!!! I submitted 10 images and they want me to decide between my 3 landscapes or 3 of my still life paintings. A conundrum for me - decisions, decisions. I'll keep you posted as I go through the process - this is ALL new to me. I've never exhibited anything and I have no idea what to expect. Fortunately, this show is all new artists so we're in the same boat - all newbies! Wish me luck!

Enjoy!
Retweet this

1 comment:

Karl Chu said...

Hey! Congratulations on getting your paintings accepted for the exhibition. I like all the paintings you have posted so far. Keep it up!