Thursday, November 20, 2008

Abstract with Transfer


Here's another of the monoprints that I've been working to finish. The first photo is the Yupo plate just before printing - I could have left a larger opening and had a bigger image transfer... The second photo is the finished product on BFK Reeves printmaking paper. The image transfer is my Mom at about 10 years of age. I used acrylic medium to transfer the photo to the printmaking paper, then some acrylic to enhance the image in places. I also strengthened some of the areas of the monoprint with solid watercolor and various textures.
I'm becoming a bit more comfortable with abstraction but I struggle to know when I'm done ;o).
[double click on either image to see it larger]
Enjoy!
Retweet this

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

I just found your blog, very interested in your techniques using Yupo paper as I have also been using this paper for a few years. I will bookmark your site so I can browse more later.
Marilyn Brown
www.blogger.com/watercolorcomments.com