Saturday, February 21, 2009

Collage again

"If people knew how hard I worked to get my mastery, it wouldn't seem so wonderful at all" Michelangelo

I admit here and now that I am struggling to put together the skills necessary to paint, as you can see I am in very good company. Perhaps the "struggle" is not really the right word. Challenged is better - and I do love a good challenge!
I began another collage this week and here is it's beginning. The collage unit is the first exposure I've had to acrylic painting. As a result, I've been working hard to keep my concentration on collage and composition. I've shown the value pattern I'm working from in the top left. I have a good deal left to do on this collage. Lots of painting and puttering and dealing with those very straight lines in the top left. More tomorrow. Enjoy your Sunday!


Retweet this

1 comment:

Another Q said...

I love your honesty...it is helping me as I struggle to do my creative writing. This is hard work sometimes! :-)