Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Hardwood Lookout

algonquin Today I took one look at my start from yesterday and knew what I wanted to do next. I worked mostly in the bottom third defining the path with some additional collage and then painted negatively around the maple trunks. I also darkened the shadow sides of the rocks and defined the base of the white pine a bit more. It feels good to get back into the flow of creating again. I’m leaving this alone for now. It feels like I’ve gone as far as I should on this given that I am shooting for a more abstracted landscape. I’ll admit it feels funny even though I like it as it is now. I especially like the sun for some reason that I can’t define.

I had a little surprise in the mail today. I received notification that the FCA has approved my application for active status. Just before we left for Ontario I put together a few paintings, completed the paperwork, and faxed it off. This is something I’ve been wanting to do for a while – it is a logical next step for me. If you’d like to have a look at the paintings I submitted and the little artist’s bio I wrote up it can be found at my temporary website - http://cherylquist.shawwebspace.ca/


Cheers!

Retweet this

2 comments:

Another Q said...

This is fabulous! Congratulations on your achievement.

Dayna Chu said...

OOOooh, I love this one... seriously Cheryl... you will need to start posting these as an *official* gallery... <3