Tuesday, August 4, 2009

200th Post!!! Algonquin Hike collage start

Today I made collage paper – lots of it! While it was drying I pilfered through my old collage papers and put together this impression of our hike in Algonquin Park last Wednesday. Happily, I found a sheet of collage paper in a mix of golds and greens that suggested [when I turned it 5 degrees and used my imagination] a maple grove back lit by a sunset. I seized the moment… and began ripping and gluing. I'll decide tomorrow whether or not it is finished.

The Hardwood Lookout Trail in Algonquin Park is just beautiful! There are 12 areas described in the handbook at the trail head. One of the bits of trivia that I learned is that only one out of 3 hundred sugar maple seedlings survive to maturity. Seedlings require direct sunlight to mature beyond a few years. A mature tree must die to provide an opening in the canopy for the growing seedling[s] below.
Tomorrow will be another painting day at home... This rainy spell we are in is not something I want to experience again way up on Sunshine Meadows. I am hoping that they will reschedule so I can still enjoy the paint out with all the artists. It's an amazing place to spend a day painting and soaking in the beauty of the Canadian Rockies.
Retweet this

1 comment:

Another Q said...

Congratulations on 200! I love reading what you're doing, along with your art work. Love it!