Monday, September 28, 2009

Altered book spread…

zipszip shut

This is the final installment in Sharon’s “4 letter word” themed book.  Hannah [my 10 year old granddaughter], left for home yesterday after spending 2 weeks with us.  During that time we spent a LOT of time sewing and having fun with my Pfaff creative 7570.  Since I was in the sewing mode I decided to install a zipper [on canvas, then glued to page] and embroidered a silly saying using 4 letter words on one side – “ZIPS SHUT, WILL HIDE NICE LACE FROM SOME”.  Inside I adhered some special green lace to the back page.  A bit of trim down the spine edge finished things off.  The lace is special because it is left over from my daughter Kim’s graduation dress…  the year that Sharon’s daughter Becca and Kim became friends. 

Working on this book has redeemed the term “4 letter words” for me.  There are lots of fun, lovely 4 letter words and it was fun working with them and looking at the other artists’ contributions.  Enjoy!

Retweet this

No comments: