Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Free [16”x12”, acrylic]

Free

I slathered this canvas with molding paste and textured it with a new carved stamp, butterflies, and various other tools.  Once dry, I applied washes of yellow, gold and transparent red iron oxide.  The butterflies, the fence-like texture and the building type shapes began to feel like a city park.  I gessoed an area on the bottom right and transferred the photo of the little girls onto it when dried. I’ve added some dark shapes to the composition as well.  I’m setting this aside for a bit while I think it over.  I find the more abstract paintings are much more difficult to finish.  Cheers!

Retweet this

2 comments:

Sharon Lynn Williams Fine Art said...

Great transfer!!

Kate said...

I really like it as it is, Cheryl. Great colors and textures, and really nice photo transfer.