Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Counting on Transformation [acrylic, 15”x21”]

counting on transformation

This painting has been a really good diversion for me this past week.  My subconscious choice to combine the numbers stencil and another that, among other things, include a butterfly was interesting.  The last time I used the number stencil it was for “Counting Sheaves” months ago.  So, once the texture of both stencils started to appear I jumped to the title, and the meaning of this painting for me. 

It’s interesting to study the transformation of a caterpillar into a butterfly.  For example, in nature, only 10% of monarch chrysalises develop into butterflies.  The numbers can climb to 90% if the process variables are properly managed.  We can count on more butterflies in our lives if we set up the right conditions…  that’s what I hope to do over the next weeks and months.  Cheers!

Retweet this

No comments: